Sometimes, I think I’m optimized to be a writer.
Not that I believe there’s some magical blueprint out there on How To Build an Ideal Writer (“follow these steps ten easy steps and water twice a day”), nor do I believe that an ideal writer is made in only one way, for the world is full of writers, and all of them possess their own particular way of doing what they do best.
Yet, I definitely believe that certain aspects of my personality, temperament, and behaviour contribute positively to my writing endeavours, at least the way I endeavour to do so:
- I have a very long attention span
- I can physically sit still for long periods of time
- My brain naturally amuses itself by telling stories
- I’m an unrepentant daydreamer
- I’m curious about people’s inner lives
- I have a strong vocabulary
- I believe the best way to explain something is through a story
- I’m all about delayed gratification